Providing solutions for the Food and Drink Industry
Some of the key issues that our customers face are:
- Fast-moving and perishable foods require different storage methods
- Ambient, chilled and frozen goods may need accommodating under one roof
- Storing seasonal goods with various shelf lives
- Running a chilled area can be costly
- Maintain optimum shelf life of goods
- Storing bulky items with various weights
- Product traceability is critical
- Strict hygiene regulations
Check out our video on FACEBOOK to see how these issues have been solved.
Store palletised Food and Drink on adjustable racking
Even in a state of the art warehouse for Food and Drink, standard pallet racking is still the most common form of pallet storage. The versatility of this pallet racking system means this can be assembled in a single or double deep configuration, to fit your specific storage needs.
- Adjustable system
- Heights of up to 30 m
- Variable depths and widths
- Suitable for the storage of all kinds of Food and Drink
- 50mm beam height adjustment
- Operational temperature from -30°C to +40°C
- The galvanized finish which prevents rust even at low temperatures
Food and Drink are generally packaged in some way which can then be easily stored on pallets. Depending on the layout of your warehouse, a range of aisle widths is possible to maximise your available space. Racking is not generally subject to any restrictions in layout and provides accessibility at all times to your goods.
Achieve First-In-First-Out storage to keep your Food and Drink stock fresh
Pallet Flow or Carton Flow is ideal for achieving FIFO picking. If goods have a high turnover, which is common in the Food and Drink industry, Pallet or Carton Flow ensures the product batches are shipped out in the correct order.
- Up to 60% less floor space is required than conventional racking
- Automatic stock rotation ensures better traceability of Food and Drink batches
- FIFO load and retrieval method only requires two aisles
- High-speed operation helps handle the goods quickly to prevent spoilage
- Gravity-fed to deliver goods to the front pick face, no automation required
Food and Drink pallets are placed on sloping storage lanes and gravity moves the pallet forward along a roller bed. The speed of the pallet is controlled by a series of brake rollers and halted by a stop unit.
This type of storage is frequently used in the Drink industry and requires only two aisles, one for loading and one for retrieval.